Sunday, September 18, 2016

Aloha Week

I have been on staff for two weeks and I am already experiencing how much of a blessing it is to be able to do the work that I do. I have the privilege to be able to serve the people on base by making their meals throughout the week. I was a bit nervous at first about how I would feel and if I would have a good heart about all that I was doing. However, in just the first two weeks I have discovered how much I truly enjoy being able to serve everyone and be able to bless them through something as simple as cooking. I have been placed in such a good place this quarter.

These past two weeks have been filled with staff training as well as learning how to make various different meals. This past Saturday (September 17) a few of the people on base had the opportunity to go and serve at a senior luncheon held by a local church in Manoa Valley. We cheered them on as they entered into the celebration, and we served them a collection of food. It was awesome to be able to see them and talk with them about their lives and be able to celebrate with them and bless each one. 

This week is week that the students are starting to arrive and the schools will begin. We are gaining around 50 students, so it's going to be quite the busy base. I am excited to see Jesus radically change these student's lives as He reveals Himself and His character to each and every one of them.


Prayer Requests: 
 - That the students settle in well and there is no trouble adjusting to life here, as well as safe travels for them all
- Energy. It is surprisingly exhausting working in the kitchen for three meals a day. Also that I would get proper rest when given the opportunity to rest.
- Health. Somehow people always get sick when they first arrive and are adjusting to a new location. It would be cool if that didn't happen this time because when living in community, sickness travels quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment