Thursday, September 3, 2015

Two Weeks.

One fortnight. Two weeks. Fourteen days. Three hundred and thirty six hours. Am I really this close to returning to the beautiful island of Oahu? These past six months have flown by for me. I have spent my time working at Cherry Valley Greenhouse, Russ', and for my parents on our farm.

In case you have been unaware of what my plan is for the following year, I plan to fly back to Honolulu on September 17 and participate in a school called the Chronological School of Biblical Studies (CSBS). No, it will not be a vacation as some may think. I will have little time to go down to the beach. I will learn about the context, culture, and history of each book of the Bible. It will be a time consuming school and I will be spending the majority if not all my time studying. The school will be nine months long, and there is an optional two month outreach following the completion of the CSBS.

You may wonder what weaseled into my mind to make me want to do something as crazy as this is. Why would I want to go study in-depth for nine months in Hawaii? When I arrived at DTS last September and met the students who were currently in the CSBS, I vowed to never participate in that school since I hated studying and could not imagine why one would willingly decide to set apart nine months of time for that dedication. God seemed to have another plan for me though. When I was in India, I was doing an ample amount of praying about what I should do after my completion of DTS in March. He had just started to give me a desire to do the CSBS, which I was quite nervous about. One evening I was praying and asked God to just give me a dream about what I was supposed to do. That night, I had a dream about heading back to Hawaii for a school and somehow I knew that it was CSBS. I woke up the following morning with a peace and I knew that this September I would be returning to YWAM Honolulu to continue my studies.

To all who have donated money-THANK YOU SO MUCH. I would not have this opportunity to go and learn without all of you. I am so incredibly appreciative of it. If you would still like to support me, I am still in need of at least $3000 for this school. Prayers are another big thing I will be needing for the duration of this school, seeing as it will be extremely challenging for me. Pray for the continued desire to learn more and for motivation to not get discouraged when it becomes hard and I am tired of studying. Also that I would have a great support system to encourage me and to press on as it talks about in Philippians 3:14. "I press on toward the goal to win the prize which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I am immensely excited to be able to return back to the YWAM Honolulu base to continue my studies. To be able to truly know what the Bible is saying and not just what I take from it will be a gift and I cannot wait to increase in knowledge. Once again, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment