Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life is hard

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Job 1:21

Yesterday morning I awoke to four or five text messages regarding a teacher from my high school, South Christian. As it turns out, he passed away in a car accident only a few hours prior. To be this far away from my South Christian community during this rough period is incredibly hard for me to deal with. There are few things that I want more than to be able to go home and be with my school. With my community. Sadly, I am unable to do so. Mr. VanDyke was never my teacher, but that does not mean that he did not know me. That he did not call my name when he saw me in the hallways. I cannot imagine South being without those interesting golf pants that he so often wore. Heaven gained an amazing angel yesterday. Life is hard but I know that we will be able to get through this.






I would appreciate prayer in this area specifically, but also for my sore throat. I've been sick for about five days so far and it has not been healing. Not only that, but also my finger was jammed when playing dodge ball last weekend and that is taking a while to heal. Thanks to all of you for your prayers! 

2 comments:

  1. We love you and are praying for you everyday! We don't always understand why God allows for bad things to happen but lean on HIM to get you through. Remember Don's words from Philippians 3..."press on" Love you tons!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you Abby! I can't imagine how tough it is to be so far away and wanting to be home at this time. And not feeling good doesn't help. So I'll be lifting you up to the Great Healer. Lean on Jesus. He'll comfort you as well as those who are hurting here. Love you! Miss your hug! Have someone there give one to you from me! Mrs. Jager

      Delete