Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Aloha from Hawaii!

After about thirteen hours of travel, I arrived safely yesterday at 2pm Hawaiian time (8pm Michigan time). Quite a time adjustment. When I arrived I was put into a room with five other girls. We are in a house with four different rooms and three bathrooms. There is about thirty-three people here so far, but there are a few more students that have yet to arrive. Life in Hawaii is so different from Michigan, but it is so incredibly amazing. 

Today was my first full day here, and all of the dts students decided to walk to Ala Moana beach. It was about an hour and a half walk there but it was so worth it upon arrival. The water was a perfect warm temperature and I was able to stand up on coral. It was incredible. We went to the mall for lunch and I ate pizza from a place called Sbarro. After that, we went back to the beach for about an hour before heading back to base. The rest of my night has been filled with dinner and getting to know other people. There are people from from all over the world; Norway, Finland, Japan, Canada, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and all sorts of states. There are so many different cultures thrown together, and I'm so excited to be able to spend the next five months with all sorts of different people. It is such a blessing to be able to live here. Thanks again to all of you for your prayers with everything. It means the world to me.

I've attached some photos below that I took today while walking through Honolulu.









No comments:

Post a Comment