Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Passports!

As some of you may know,  I was unable to leave this past Sunday for India. My passport did not show up in time. Nor did two of my teammates, so thankfully I was not the only DTS student left on base. Usually there is about 70-100 people on base, but throughout this week it has emptied out and currently it is myself and about seven other people. It has been a quiet week.

Today I returned after a lunch off base to find out that my passport had arrived. It has been a joyous day. I was also able to go see the new Hobbit movie. Let me tell you. It is pretty good. Go see it. This coming Sunday I will be leaving for India with one of my teammates. We will be departing from Hawaii at 12:30 am Monday. It has been a crazy ride up until this point. God is so good through everything. 

Unfortunately, one of my teammates will be headed home this weekend and will not be joining us on outreach. She had a lot of complications with her passport/visa because Fed Ex lost her original passport/visa. We are all very sad to see her return home to Canada. In all things, God is still good. Even through crappy things such as this.

I would very much appreciate prayers this week, as well as the following nine weeks. I ask that you pray for safety as the three of us travel to various parts of the world. I also ask that the adjustment for all of us will go smoothly. It will be a difficult transition for Austin and I as we join our team a week late. Our team will have already had time to adjust to the time difference and their surroundings, whereas we will have to just jump right in. Unity is also a prayer request. It is hard to do things with twelve people if there is no unity involved. God is going to stretch us all and move us in incredible ways and I cannot wait to experience it.

 

As you can see above, I was thrilled to see my passport. 

Blessings on all of you! I will try to update in the following months, but I cannot make any promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment